Securing Sport 2013 brought together over 400 of the world’s keystakeholders in the world of sport, sport security, safety and integrity.
Distinguished panel participants included:
- H.E. Major General Dahlan Al-Hamad, International Association of Athletics Federation Vice President and President of Qatar Atheletics Federation
- John Abbott, Chairman, Integrity in Sport Initiative, INTERPOL
- Richard Caborn, Former Minister of Sport, HM Government of the United Kingdom
- Moya Dodd, Vice President, Asian Football Confederation
- Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, CEO, European Professional Football Leagues
Highlights from the Conference included:
- The signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the ICSS and the European Football Leagues setting out an ongoing collaboration between the two organisations with the goal of advancing knowledge, sharing best practices, and cooperating to ensure safer sporting events in the future.
- The unveiling of The Save the Dream logo by H.E. Sheikh Saoud Bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani at the Gala dinner and the very first Save the Dream award going out to Spanish runner, Ivan Fernandez Anaya.
- The ICSS and Sorbonne Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, presenting retired badminton player Thomas Lund with the Sport Integrity trophy.
- The signing of a Memorandum of Understanding by the ICSS and the Qatar Football Association President, Hamad Bin Khalifa Bin Ahmed Al-Thani.
To view the photo gallery, please CLICK HERE.